Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Khyber Tactics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

Khyber Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Khyber Tactics   Khyber Tactics EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey guys,

As you may have remembered, I was unable to play Khyber for quite some time and only played it for the first time last week. This means I got nearly no experience with the map and I must say, it's a pretty chaotic map and I really don't like it.

What are your tactics on Khyber? How do you deal with people upstairs at C? How do you find cover when capping B/D (the one with the huge truck diagonally on the cap, not the one with garage boxes).

*hopes this CPR + the steam launch will inspire you all to try GRO again. You can now advance past LVL 30 so it's about time y'all did that  Razz *
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

Khyber Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khyber Tactics   Khyber Tactics EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:34 pm

My only problems with Khyber came when I remembered grenade spam was a thing. The cover, IMO, is decent until the enemy team remembers they have grenades :/
If people are upstairs on the enemy side of C, they aren't too big a deal. They can't really hit you behind cover, and someone on your side can quite easily get them as there are so many angles where someone upstairs can be shot from.
If they're on your side of the map... welcome back to Tomsk, I guess.
I haven't played the map enough to talk about B/D Razz I remember when I'm attacking the side with garages I like to run around with Cloak, but my memory is fuzzy elsewhere.

And yes, I've played a couple of hours of GRP after its release on Steam, but whenever I can play it my friends are asking me to play other games Razz
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

Khyber Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khyber Tactics   Khyber Tactics EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:08 pm

Thanks Freedom!

Problem is nobody seems to be taking care of those upstairs and if you're behind the central cover slightly to the right of the centre or to the left of the centre, in this vid https://youtu.be/PBZDctMfk1w?t=6m44s you can see top right a light area, the entrance to the sniper balustrade. You can, next to finding cover behind the balustrade, also stay behind that wall (as seen from a different angle at 7:00), from where you still can snipe the left side (from attackers perspective, where the player is at 6:45) of the central barrier, the left approach and left cover slightly more to the attackers spawn (see https://youtu.be/oKAY_CUL8GQ?t=2m55s).

I'm currently playing quite a lot because I'm stressed don't want to study or confront the fact that the event I've been organizing for half a year now, is next week (on PJ's B'day)
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

Khyber Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khyber Tactics   Khyber Tactics EmptyThu May 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Upstairs C:
Anything that has a longer barrel than an MP5k can easily hit guys aiming over the balustrade. Usually.

Or you could just cloak your way up the enemies' balcony and horribly melee anyone up there.

Being upstairs has some advantages too. Sometimes I M200-derp up there, shooting whatever comes through the right corridor. Don't like the left side as much, because on the far right, the enemy has another entrace to C, and hence another angle to shoot you.

Instead, you could just bring your biggest and baddest full auto belt fed heavy Maschinengewehr, like an OP41 or a PKM and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt the other guys.

Concerning point B (yes I just looked that up) you can obviously attack behind the cars. Or you could climb up the truck (using the trailer as cover), or just sit behind one of the tires and shoot under the trailer. Also I think you can cover at the walls on the right (on the far side of the point), but that's fairly risky, because you're quite at the front.

Defending B is a bit difficult, I would suggest not letting the enemy get to B by camping them out somewhere between C and B. I'm going to state the obvious: you can take cover behind the cars, and also behind the tires of the big truck (but, it being obvious, it's where the bad guys expect you to be.
When defending, a quite effective move is to move past the point on the (defenders') right, get up on the low balcony thingy at that café or whatever that is, and then take the enemies out from their "behind left side".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Khyber Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Khyber Tactics   Khyber Tactics Empty

Back to top Go down

Khyber Tactics
Page 1 of 1