Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microphone picks up laptop sound output

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

Microphone picks up laptop sound output Empty
PostSubject: Microphone picks up laptop sound output   Microphone picks up laptop sound output EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Hey guys,

After setting up Raidcall, I noticed the following, my microphone also records (thus transmits to everyone else) the sound output of my laptop eventhough I'm using headphones. I already tried everything, but nothing had any effect. This means that if we were to play with mics on, you would all hear the gunshots around me as well as those around you so that would make things confusing, especially when we're on different parts of the map and you were to hear shots that aren't even close to you.

My question is if anyone knows how to fix this. I already tried using a different headset, changing the settings regarding stereo-mix and turned off all recording devices spare from my external mic. The microphone has an on/off switch on the cord, and even when it is off (it doesn't record my voice) it will keep recording the music playing from my laptop.

As long as I can't fix this, I'll be doomed to keep typing Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

PostSubject: Re: Microphone picks up laptop sound output   Microphone picks up laptop sound output EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Based on the site's FAQ, I would guess it's part of a music sharing feature. See if you can turn off 'Music Mode', or possibly fiddle with settings and change 'Hardware Processing' to 'Software Processing'.

The Raidcall FAQ can be found here: http://www.raidcall.com/v7/faqvoice.html
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Microphone picks up laptop sound output   Microphone picks up laptop sound output EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Let's start off with saying it's NOT a problem just with raidcall, I tried the windows sound recorder to test if it was still the case, and yes, even there my music is recorded all the time, even with the mic off.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

PostSubject: Re: Microphone picks up laptop sound output   Microphone picks up laptop sound output EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 pm

That's really weird D:

When in doubt, check the make of your microphone, and check the support forums for it, perhaps make an account and ask. You might want to check the Raidcall forums too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microphone picks up laptop sound output   Microphone picks up laptop sound output Empty

Back to top Go down

Microphone picks up laptop sound output
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Wolf Squad :: Forum zone :: Help and Guides-
Jump to: