Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Onslaught, attacking one or both points

Go down 
4 posters

How would you like to attack?
Everyone should attack one point!
Onslaught, attacking one or both points I_vote_lcap0%Onslaught, attacking one or both points I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Spread the attackers evenly over the 2 points.
Onslaught, attacking one or both points I_vote_lcap20%Onslaught, attacking one or both points I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Push on one point with many, on the other with a few, creating chaos.
Onslaught, attacking one or both points I_vote_lcap80%Onslaught, attacking one or both points I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Defend the flank using only one sniper and push on the other point with 7 soldiers.
Onslaught, attacking one or both points I_vote_lcap0%Onslaught, attacking one or both points I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

Onslaught, attacking one or both points Empty
PostSubject: Onslaught, attacking one or both points   Onslaught, attacking one or both points EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:33 am

Hey fellow Wolves,

I write this post since I'm interested in what you all think fighting on an onslaught map should be like.
When attacking you often hear people yell "ALL A!!!!1!1!!!" or the same with B. This means you have a large force to push with, probably overpowering the enemy who mostly is defending both points. This might seem like a marvelous plan, you almost certainly got that point early, eventhough it can still fail if your enemy is well trained, it also has a large disadvantage, you leave one flank entirely open. This is bound to lead to spawnkillers, people who think "I'm too lazy / not skilled enough to get proper kills so I will hide myself near their spawn and spray them with my weapon in the back so they can't fire back."

I myself like to think of attacking on an onslaught map as a very tactical thing, depending on what the composition is of your team (Let's say you got a good assault on SR, which we have most of the time) and someone using either aegis or heat to advance, they together can get to one point, trying to take down as many enemies at once and making sure the enemy will have to spread forces, while the others advance and get the other point. This plan so far mainly worked on Shearwater 51, I haven't been able to succesfully use it on Korolyov.

An other fair plan is to have 4 on A, 4 on B, as you would do with defending, making it harder to capture a point but ensuring that neither the A nor the B group gets killed all at once which would leave your flank open.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught, attacking one or both points   Onslaught, attacking one or both points EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:52 pm

I think this also depends on which map you're on.

On Shearwater, both points (both as in A and B) have a very similar setup, concerning cover for attackers, positions for defenders etc. There is always this big thing in the middle and a smaller one on the side, behind those structures is where one has to be to cap. There are sniper galleries for both sides, there are basically the same ways into the covers on A as on B, just mirrored.

On Korolyov, Point A is - in my opinon - both easier to defend as well as easier to attack in comparison to B. Every position I have tried to take as an attacker on B, I could be very easily be flanked and backstabbed, or be shot from above, "easy" as in "relatively safe for the defender". The possible exception was hiding under the ramp, but then, if the defenders know you are there, that position is basically undefendable. As for defense, except for hiding near the far end of the point (nearer to the attackers spawn) there is no position where you can't be sniped from - and there will be snipers. Lots. So taking B is in general just somewhat random.
A, on the other hand can effectively be defended by 3 people, 2 if need be. One assault or smg on either side of the middle wall, maybe a sniper on the back, and it is going to take alot of devices to get into there. Trying to be mean? Have a lmg hide where the attackers come in and mow them down. Attackers should be mindful of that, but if they survive that, they can very well find cover in or near the point, start rooting out the defenders if necessary, and then cap.

What I am trying to say:

• Korolyov:
    • "All A"
      >> makes absolutely no sense, because it is likely to be only lightly defended, 4 people will totally suffice (not counting cowardly snipers - by that I mean those that hide waaay back)
    • "All B first"
      >> makes some sense, but is risky - defenders from A will move forward, around, then backstab you, and then set up spawn camping operations, as soon as they notice no-one's coming their way.

• Shearwater:
    • "All X" where X is from {A,B} (yes I study maths)
      >> can make sense if "all" is six or seven, while the others prevent flanking or even try to one-man-cap the other point as soon as all the defenders run for X. BUT it may also result in the whole attacker team being wiped out, and approx 7 seconds later, spawncampers.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught, attacking one or both points   Onslaught, attacking one or both points EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:06 pm

I think four people on each point is good for the sheer simplicity of it. But if the majortity of the team goes to one point, then I think having one person left behind to guard is necessary (probably not a sniper though, as they have limited use once the flankers get past a certain point). And like Natarovije said, if the guardian of the flank falls, then spawn campers are likely :/
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

Število prispevkov : 28

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught, attacking one or both points   Onslaught, attacking one or both points EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:43 pm

On Korolov I think 6 people to A and 2 to cover the flank is a good idea. That way it's very likely that you'll capture A but won't give up your flank... In order to flank A via B means that you have to cross that "bridge" over from B to A.... And that position can easily be guarded from the "tower" on the right. So 2 guys should be able to hold the flank while 6 try to get good position in order to capture A.

Doing this the other way round is a bit trickier IMO. B is much harder to capture and there are a lot more scenarios of possible outcomes. Though that would also mean that if we are able to capture B with the first wave we would be in a very good position overall. As I feel it's much better to have B capped first as A is much harder to defend.

On Sherwater flanking is ever easier so I feel that on that map All A/B is a poor plan. So overall I'm in favor of splitting the group 6/2. 7/1 could also work but that's more risky because if the opponent manages to kill the one guy covering the flank it's hard to regroup quickly enough after that.

I think the most important part of captures are devices. You need to have devices for the first wave and those would probably be heat and Aegis. If we get a foothold on the point the defenders will most likely come at us with devices as well. So at this point we should have some heat, aegis or even blackout ready to counter their wave of devices.
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught, attacking one or both points   Onslaught, attacking one or both points EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 pm

On Korolyov defending the bridge on the attacker side is easy enough with 2 people indeed. Best plan to capture B is by going via A.

Not really suitable for an attack topic but still ... DEFENDING KOROLYOV: A good plan to defend the flank after A has been captured is by placing one SR on the right side of the spawn tower. That spot gives you a marvelous view of the bridge connecting A and B on the defender side, allowing you to one-shot most opponents trying to get past. If a wave is comming, call for back-up from the sniper at the far left behind the stone ballustrade overlooking all of B. All guys who spawn during that time will also jump in to help so that will hopefully save the day.

ATTACK: If the enemy indeed has someone on SR near their spawn, sprint straight ahead from A, go down the left tower to the level where there's a bridge, cross it to get to the right tower, climb that one and backrape them never the less, the SR can't see who are on the path between the spawn/door to the tower and B so it can't get to you. Wait for a spawn wave to jump down before you charge the point or you'll get shot in the back by those who recently spawned.

From this bridge you can also snipe down people who are defending C, it's always a good plan to have one SR here or in the left tower itself behind one of the supporting pillars, that way you can take out enemies who try to defend on left.

SHEARWATER 51: Attack: A allows for more routes to back-rape so I would suggest setting one person on sr downstairs at the entrance door to A on the point you can also scope in the left passage under the pipes to defend that approach. Backrapes at B can only happen if they go through the center and get past that narrow- z shaped hallway downstairs. This road can be defended by putting an automatic gun in cover at the first container you come across which can be used as cover in the middle of the field, not on the cap yet. That way you can also cover both left and right entrances under the pipes which are used to backrape those on the cap. If someone gets through those you can quickly take them down from where you are. If someone on the cap gets killed, take their place afterwards and the next automatic gun will be able to fill the place where you were.

When attacking C using the sides is easier than going through the center, try the left approach since it's wonderful to get behind them and clear the point itself or use right so you can end up on the cap behind the cover on the right side, doing this when C is crowded however results in a near certain death.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught, attacking one or both points   Onslaught, attacking one or both points EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 3:05 pm

I've found a pretty effective way of getting up to the platform as an attacker on Korolyov. Go to the raised area on the left, step up onto the red step... things, and move to the far right edge of that. Climb up and go prone immediately, then crawl to the small block of cover. If someone is standing guard here, either behind the pillar or behind the block, then they will be unable to shoot you as your crawl [unconfirmed- but it seems to have worked pretty well so far], but they might shoot you before you can go prone.

[Screenshot]

As for defending the platform, also on B on Korolyov, it's quite simple (requires an automatic weapon). Go up the ramp to the left of it, take cover on the side of the platform, and pop up to shoot anyone up there.

[Screenshot]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Onslaught, attacking one or both points   Onslaught, attacking one or both points Empty

Back to top Go down

Onslaught, attacking one or both points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Wolf Squad :: Forum zone :: GRO Discussion-
Jump to: