Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:18 pm

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/ghost-recon-online/en-GB/forums/index.aspx#show=http://groforums.ubi.com/showthread.php?19531-Release-Notes-0-12-4&goto=newpost
I have to say, more than anything, it looks a little... empty. Tier 8 weapons are added. Flinch has been improved.
Thus concludes the note worthy additions.
Seriously, the rest of the stuff seems so trivial. Pentagun no longer ejects shells. OK. The launcher got some stuff done. KK. The CBJ-MS now has a bolt operating part of the reload animation. ...Why didn't it have that to begin with?

Then there are some things that seem really relevant... except that they're known issues, rather than fixes. Most noticeably, HEAT is starting at less damage than it should if you have the upgrades (not sure how noticeable it is), the cloak stats are incorrect and the MM is putting more than 4 of the same class into one team (although let's face it, it was doing that anyway).

I will be playing in this patch. Hell, if I feel I'm able to overlook my opinions on it, I might even stay to get a CBS-MJ. I might even do a review type thing for which SMGs I prefer for each tier...
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

I was about to post in the official forum but decided against it:

Half of the "bug" fixes are about the launcher. "The" launcher. I am still not used to games having that... or this appref-ms bullcrap.
Go to a command line, type in path and executable name, and the game starts. That's how computers are meant to work - not an application reference file that calls a launcher which (maybe) starts the game...

Also, I am expecting some forum rage that nowhere in that post the word FSB is mentioned... lol
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:49 pm

I've seen people complaining about FSB, but I genuinely have no idea what it is. Any explanation? Razz
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:53 pm

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/ghost-recon-online/en-GB/community-news/index.aspx?c=tcm:21-112683-16&ct=tcm:6-231-32
Last of the Tier 8 guns. SPAS is cray. Nemesis is also cray, but at least has some noticeable downside (ridiculous ready time and bolt time). Basically, the only thing the SPAS C loses out on is 1 damage per pellet. The low accuracy can be made up for with either filling the air with bullets or swapping to pump (which, apparently, doesn't actually increase accuracy, but we'll see).

Also, I can't remember if it was Nast or someone on the official forums, but someone said that the SPAS is going against the recent auto shottie nerf, which is a pattern Ubi seems to follow Razz
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Hehe the Nemesis SD has an assault scope?
SPAS is just plain obvious to be nerfed in the future.

The FSB-exploit, well basically if you overclock your CPU while the game is running, the game runs faster - i.e. you run faster, shorter reload and ready times, possibly a higher fire rate (this is still under investigation afaik), shorter device recharge etc., obviously giving you a massive advantage over "normal speed" players.
FSB is just the name of the hardware component on your motherboard that makes this possible - or rather, the FSB multiplier value does.
Doesn't work on every CPU, and doesn't always work the same on different ones - but it noticably works, according to some guy's research on the forum (although, mysteriously I couldn't find the topic in recent days).
Also, this "running faster" behaviour can be forced by "under"clocking your CPU, starting the game and then bringing the CPU back to "normal" clock rate. Provided, of course, you know how to do that without restarting your operating system of choice, which you might not.

There's your explanation Razz
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

Število prispevkov : 396
Kraj : lappland

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Then it was frontsidebuss i was thinking about.

well, i can do that part. quite easy. (change the cpu speen on the fly i mean, not doing the exploit)
actualy i can even do that with my phone, (or could, its been removed with an update) a program on the phone connected to the computer via bluetooth and i could even boot up the computer from the cell. but alas the motherboard is old and with a new update to the cell the feature disaperd.

anyway, ubi does have a bad habit in releasing op weapon and then later nerf them. problem is that they cant nerf them to the same level as regual weapons and thus they nerf the regual weapons as well. always have to be someting "better"
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:17 pm

As with most things in life, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:13 pm

I'd quite like to see how they'll nerf it. I think most likely would be an accuracy nerf, but a decent recoil nerf would also be appreciated (the only game I've ever played where shotguns actually have recoil is Killing Floor, and I'd love to see it in more games). I'm not a huge fan of how the damage was nerfed on the other auto shotties (and they didn't even give any buffs to pumps, which I think would've given even more incentive to use them), but I think if the SPAS was reduced to, say, 150, maybe 158, then it could be a nice compromise between the ridiculous auto shottie power nerf and the ridiculous power it has now.

As for the FSB: Basically, your computer running faster makes things in the game go faster? Seriously? I had heard about it (not the term FSB though, hence my confusion) but I assume they were talking rubbish. But seriously, I don't see how the developers could make this happen. I mean, surely it's not difficult to put a timer on a gun to determine its reload speed, or timers on devices for them to recharge at the right speed?

Well, as Nast said, just because you can doesn't mean you should. I don't recommend testing this stuff, even if other clan members aren't around, because other people will likely see and Ubisoft makes a good point that 'I was testing it' does NOT count as an excuse.

Oh, yeah, Tiers 6 and 7 are on sale if you want to pay GC.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:43 pm

FreedomTaker wrote:
But seriously, I don't see how the developers could make this happen. I mean, surely it's not difficult to put a timer on a gun to determine its reload speed, or timers on devices for them to recharge at the right speed?
Well I guess they didn't do it on purpose. Rolling Eyes Laughing 

Putting a timer on the gun to do whatever, well... so how does a timer work? There is your problem. How do you measure time when you don't have --- well, any reference? If I take away your watch, and all the clocks in your house, how do you know how long one second is? How do you know when 15 minutes have passed?

(The following is an assumption. I do not fully understand what I say - but it sounds convincing, to me.)
Well, inside a computer, you have a reference. It's called the tick count, I think, and is something similar to the CPU freqency. One tick is basically how long one "standart operation" inside the CPU takes, i.e. add 2 numbers, move one block of data to or from the memory etc. etc. (note: not all operations take exactely one tick...)
Now, if your CPU clocks at a set frequency (4.2GHz for me), then obviously one second is about 4.2*10^9 ticks long.
Knowing that, you could "invent" a timer that, for an example, checks in every 100 thousand ticks and checks how much time has passed and how much is still to go.
Simple?
Now the problem is, those 4.2GHz of mine are actually the result of a multiplication, namely what I think is called the base clock and the FSB multiplier.
My CPU's base clock is 199 MHz, and the default FSB multiplier is 21.5 --- multiplied, guess what, ~4200.
Now, if some evil kind of person were to change the FSB multiplier (or, maybe easier, make GR:O think that the multiplier has a certain value), for example 10. Then the "new" frequency would be 1.99 Hz, and thus one second is about 1.99*10^9 ticks.
The above timer would then count to 1990000000 and say, whee, one second is over, better have that reload animation done by now.
Which would be fine if said evil person wouldn't have changed the FSB multiplier back to normal, and thus allowing for over 4 billion ticks per second - more than double the aforementionend 1.99*10^9.

Please note that a) this is a crass example, and b) it doesn't actually work that way. The speed-up occuring in-game is not actually that massive as above example would make it seem - if it even works that way at all.

Also, changing around values that might be critically important to CPU or system stability is not recommended. And even if it works - it isn't fair to other players.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:46 pm

Didn't think of it like that. I just assumed that it wouldn't be hugely difficult for this to not happen given that I've never experienced this in any other ga[rant]
Also, apparently the flinch is not fixed. I haven't played yet (only tested out the CBJ-MS in the firing range, Standard looks OK but C is probably better (also I want one)), but does anyone want to play tomorrow for an hour or so? Because... I want the CBJ-MS. People might accuse me of using SMGs for flinch... but they can't accuse me of using an SMG if I use my LMG Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 12:36 am

just give me a howler.

this was a big diffrence in intel and amd cpu in the day. (if i remeber correctly)one had big multiplyer and the other had big frequency. most of the time tough the multiplier was locked and you could only change the frequency. (around 20% more than that and you had to fiddle around with cooling and/or voltage) if i recall amd soon let people set the multiplier as well. (ofcoruse im tired and i could be talking out of my arse)

original mine should be at 200x16=3200 but right now i have mine set to.... ehm.... well the end result is 3.8 gig (DAMN YOU NAS!)
(edit, mine is set to 230.77*16.5)

going to rape the wiki and post it here,
The frequency at which a processor (CPU) operates is determined by applying a clock multiplier to the front-side bus (FSB) speed in some cases. For example, a processor running at 3200 MHz might be using a 400 MHz FSB. This means there is an internal clock multiplier setting (also called bus/core ratio) of 8. That is, the CPU is set to run at 8 times the frequency of the front-side bus: 400 MHz × 8 = 3200 MHz. Different CPU speeds are achieved by varying either the FSB frequency or the CPU multiplier.

In computing, the clock multiplier (or CPU multiplier or bus/core ratio) measures the ratio of an internal CPU clock rate to the externally supplied clock. A CPU with a 10x multiplier will thus see 10 internal cycles (produced by PLL-based frequency multiplier circuitry) for every external clock cycle. For example, a system with an external clock of 133 MHz and a 10x clock multiplier will have an internal CPU clock of 1.33 GHz. The external address and data buses of the CPU (often collectively termed front side bus or FSB in PC contexts) also use the external clock as a fundamental timing base, however, they could also employ a (small) multiple of this base frequency (typically two or four) in order to transfer data faster.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Twisted Evil PJ you are going to be even more jelly when you read this
http://www.overclock.net/t/1235479/successfully-ocd-the-amd-fx-4170-cpuf-from-4-2-ghz-to-5-1-ghz-using-the-stock-cooler-stable
This is the exact CPU that I have as well - only that I don't use a stock cooler, but instead one that is about double the size Very Happy
What that guy did is pretty risky, but I imagine I could safely go up to 4.7 or 4.8 Cool Razz 

I just don't have the time (and patience) to oc my rig
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 2:27 pm

going a bit offtopic here (even moreso)
he just increased the multiplier? thats just... just... urg

maybe i should start looking into breaking 4ghz. everytime i try to go over 3.8 it gets kinda unstable. but then again i never fiddle around with the voltage. actualy neither did he as far as i can see. (edit, maybe if i change the page Rolling Eyes )

..... have to get work so i can buy someting that  beats nas cpu.. *sighs*

edit2, after a little strugle i am running at 240x16.5 lets see if its stable
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:17 pm

...Well, one time my friend entered the BIOS settings while my PC was starting up. For some reason, once we left the BIOS settings and carried on starting up my computer, my 16:9 monitor no longer functioned in 16:9. It now runs in 4:3, so I have to play everything in 1600x1200, instead of 1920x1080. I can't even find my monitor on Samsung's support page. I've tried changing my resolution back to 1920x1080, I've tried using the AMD Vision Engine Control Centre and I've tried using the auto adjust on my monitor (it's a 'simple' monitor, so there's no manual config. Only power on/off and hold for 5 seconds for auto adjust.

My point is, I entered BIOS one time and I lost the ability to play Bastion, so I'm never even going to try to OC Razz
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Bumping this aaaagggeee-old thread because of the completely unrelated topic of FSB-E.
I don't know about you guys, but every now and then, I still play GR:o.
In my first post in this thread, I said something about UBI not fixing the FSB-E in patch 12.4, well, as of today, we are at version 14.4ish and they still have no idea what to do except for kicking everyone who has a framerate above 60, because it was the most sensible thing to cap the FPS*) in the first place. (Yes they are really doing this kicking. No kidding. Pun intended.)

Anyway, we talked about FSB abit back then, yeah it is still around.
We talked about how to (theoretically) do it, but not so much about how it affects gameplay.
Well. I found this on the webz today:

Apparently, you reload/recharge/(probably regen health as well)/simply run about 10-12% faster than "normal".
Also, if you are unlucky and your Power-Saving system of your computer thinks your CPU is not completely used (cause GR:O aint optimized) and it underclocks you automatically, your game will run ~10% slower. Yeah. Great.

*) Some more discussion bait:
I am not fully sure how (and not even asking why) but I think the firerate and the recoil are somehow linked to the FPS in this fuckd-up game of ours.
I.e. bad FPS ==> more recoil and less fire rate on your gun. I am at loss for the words. I don't even
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 am

so they are forceing vsync or someting?.... but they cant do that either. what about those poor sods who have a good computer with a 120hz screen?

i think they can drop hz but still. dropping it just to play gro, no. thats just...

they are making so many bad misstakes that i cant count them anymore. funny enough tough is that almost everything i have played online have done the same. killing off fun and doing stuff that is just hillarious in the long run.

Edit:
*cough* i should have read abit more before posting. aparently the 60fps is hardcoded into the engine. meaning that it cannot go any faster. from what i can understand its because its a engine that is used for console games as well...  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow   Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

Patch 0.12.4, going live tomorrow
Page 1 of 1