Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) Empty
PostSubject: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:05 pm

I am just going to leave this here and lqtm...
General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) Onesheet_entcm21128603

Last edited by Nastarovije on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change Title)
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 7:47 pm

also, this.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 7:48 pm

The voice of a forgotten user echoes through the forums...

I might see how things are following a rebalance. Apparently SMGs are stronger. I also read something about a Steam release on the forums? I imagine there are still many, many very broken chunks of the game, but maybe I'll give it a go.

Unlikely that I'll stick with it after I sold my soul to Riot Games though >.>

*ghost noise*
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

Število prispevkov : 396
Kraj : lappland

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 11:10 am

thats strange, i tought i heard freedom there a while. saying he is playing lol?
hmmm must be my imagination.

well, i was thinking about downloading the game again just to get those things before they go away. other than that......

i dont know, even if they do rebalance the game its no fun with out the group....

edit:
well blast, was sorting stuff on my computer and found a video of nas breaking the map. made me want to play again, just afraid that i will be let down if i try
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 2:57 pm

FreedomTaker wrote:
maybe I'll give it a go.
pjodron wrote:
made me want to play again

guys don't do this to me
don't give me hope Wink

I still kinda play, and, well, sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's awesome.
Pics related.

It's my birthday!
General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) Gro_0011

My shooting skills got better
General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) Gro_0012

And, awesomeness is still possible: balanced game, no leavers, no noticable OP-ness of anyone, game went 35 minutes and we only fought for C. I mean look at that. 2 caps, 2 cap assists. On fcking C. How much more balanced does it get?
General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) Gro_0011
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Short update.
If Mortem(*) ever reads this he might consider getting into GRo again:
The last patch heavily buffed the recon class. P90 is now as good as F2k, and 12 recons in one match is totally viable... or as it happened some days ago, 6 recons in our team vs a 3-3-2 team... it was brutal murder. Poor other team.

*) just b/c he was our "main" recon. Anyone else interested is ofc also allowed to read this. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Y'all may want to have a look right here.
Doesn't sound toooo bad from what I can tell.
We'll see.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 11:21 pm

I'm fine with 'GRP', but I was fond of Hermes and Titan, and HEAT, AEGIS and Oracle really didn't need a name change.

But on the other hand, Shearwater (another cool name changed to a bland one for no real reason) is now set in the day time! The night time setting bugged me. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:38 pm

aaaand they just released this:
Silvanoshi wrote:

UPDATED FAQ:

•    Will my weapons be converted to ModMaster variants?
           No, the variants you own will stay the same. ModMaster is a new type of variant (like C, SV, SP, etc...) whose benefit is flexibility but that does not bring any gameplay advantage. There is no reason to convert the existing weapons as they are not losing any capabilities. ModMaster variants bring additional possibilities but they require to invest into attachments to reach the same stats when compared with current specialized variants.

• Will ModMaster variants be superior to the gun I already love?
           No they will not. We adjusted the parameters to make sure that ModMaster variants will stay in the same performance envelope as current variants. In a few very specific cases, we actually tweaked the stats of the current variants to guarantee that consistency.

•  Is this just a ploy to get me to buy weapons I’ve already spent RP/GC on?
           No it is not. You do not need to buy a new weapon again if you already own a variant that fits your play style as it will not bring any gameplay advantage. You do not need a ModMaster variant to stay competitive and - for customization purposes - weapon camos will be available for existing variants too. Also, as your tier unlock will stay the same, everyone who has not unlocked all the Tiers up to 9 will automatically get access to 2 more Tiers of weapons (an opportunity to save Athena Credits - ex-RP)

• Will I still be able to customize my current weapons as they exist now? Or will they be locked to the scope, barrel attachments, etc. that I currently have on them?
           Your current variants will keep the same abilities as they have today in terms of customization - scope, barrel attachments etc... will still be available - as well as a new slot for weapon camo

•  Does this mean you’re going to be releasing new tiers of weapons?
           Our primary objective with the removal of current Tier 1 and 2 from the store was to improve the experience of new users at launch without having to remove anything from existing players. We will release new tiers of weapons later but we have not decided when we would release them.

Bonus Questions!

What about current Le/Se tiers 1-2? Will they just disappear from game and inventory? Or will they still be around and just inaccessible to all the new players?
       Current Special Editions Tiers 1 and 2 weapons will disappear from the store (mystery boxes included) but not from the game as anyone owning them the day before launch will keep them in their inventory and will be able to use them whenever they like.
   What will happen to my crit proficiency level?
       The crit proficiency level will be capped to 7 to be consistent with the new Tier. 2 possible scenario:

if you current proficiency level is 7 or less: your proficiency level will stay untouched
       if your current proficiency level is higher than 7: your new proficiency level will be 7 but we are saving data so that when the proficiency cap increases, you will regain the level that you had previously unlocked.

Bonus info:

Your Tier unlock will not change - if you unlock a weapon family Tier up to 7, it will stay at 7, meaning that you would actually have access directly to 2 more Tiers of weapons - In other words, if you had unlock the LMG Tier up to the MG36, you can now directly get a PKM and skip the Mk48 if you want to.

Bonus reminder:

Veteran rewards will be shipped during the first maintenance after launch (approximately the 16th of April). In the announcement, we mentioned that it would be done "within 2 weeks from launch" so we will actually be shipping earlier than planned. This is not an evil plan, the decision to make the promotion has been taken in the past days together with the ATHENA Council while the release of the Veteran rewards later than launch has been mentioned for months.
lol formatting
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:23 pm

So
What's the point of the ModMaster weapons then? If every other variant is literally better, then surely you're just spending more money to have lower effectiveness than a different variant?
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 4:42 pm

wait what?

The way I understand it...

* after launch you can only buy modmaster weapons (and not the SV/C/.. anymore)
* modmaster variant is the "basic" gun
* if you have WeaponXY SV (for example) then you will keep it

* if you have modmaster WeaponXY, you can "build" an SV version by buying a long barrel and a fixed stock (plus the usual upgrades such as bipod, flash enhancer etc)
* you could also build any other thing that suits you (for example folded stock, short barrel and bipod, because derp)

The weapon variants like we had before are basically pre-built templates for what to stick together in modmaster - only that you had to buy SV and C seperately, while in the release version of GRo, you would buy the gun itself, and then the barrel/stock/muzzle/scope/attachment combo that you like. Or more than one.

Like, instead of offering you to decide between a hamburger, a cheeseburger or a chicken burger, they will offer you a bun and a selection of various meat and sides to put on it.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Stats. Some of this must be preliminary or else I am going to laugh right out of my chair.

>Submachineguns
>tinyass cartridge
>has more armor pierce than fcken huge rifle bullets (with roughly triple the amount of gunpowder behind it)
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Sooo, shotguns have no ap. while this make totaly common sense in the real world, did they not just got super nerf totaly into the ground?

Well, submachineguns are used in cqc, they need to do good against armour.
if we take the mp7 here that is having huge ap.
"The MP7's specially designed armour piercing (AP) high velocity rounds consist of either copper plated solid steel (DM11), alloy plated steel jacket (DM21) or copper alloy jacketed lead core projectiles (Fiocchi FMJ ZP). Standard AP high velocity DM11 (Ultimate Combat) round with a 2.0 g (31 gr) projectile has a muzzle velocity of 720 m/s (2,362 ft/s), which is nearly as high as that of a .223 Remington round, and has a muzzle energy of 506 J (373 ft-lbf).[12] The DM11 round penetrates the NATO CRISAT target (20 layers of kevlar with 1.6 mm titanium backing) even at 200 m"

more gunpowder just means that a bigger bullet can be used. more joule transfered into a target at longer ranges. if i am not mistaken, (i often is tough) barrel length does inpakt alot on speed.

....seems i am only semi talking out of my arse

Muzzle_velocity
Muzzle_energy

still, why does this feels like they have also nerfed my beloved l86? and when will the powercreep end?

Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 11:11 pm

lmgs, sgs, not nerfed afaik.

regarding AP.

mp7 --> 4.6x30mm --> 720m/s , 506 Joule.
p90 --> 5.7x28mm --> 716m/s , 534 Joule.

almost any AR* --> 5.56x45mm --> 905-940m/s , 1679-1796 Joule.

so.

similar caliber.
bigger cartridge. (compared to smg)
results in more power.

longer barrel. (compared to smg)
results in faster round, and also ultimatively more power.

but for some reason both together results in it being less armor piercing.

makes perfect sense.

i am tired and going to sleep. godnight.

*)mk16, mk17, f2k, ak12 all fire this round (i.e. all have option to fire this round)
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 12:39 am

the term power alone in this case is not realy good (imho).
the smaller projectile the bigger ap effect you are going to have, however the bigger projectile the better (often) transference of force into the target.

calc

sorry for it beeing in the wrong format tough, shall see if i can find it in a good way.

besides
4.6×30mm                    was introduced in 1999.
5.7×28mm                    In service 1991–present
5.56×45mm NATO            In service Since 1980
and it would not be a wrong guess if these was designed alot later then they where introduced.
alot of things happens in 10-19 years

also bullet weight
5.56 4-4.1 g
5.7 1-2 g
4.6 1.7-2.7 g
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Just a little heads-up, apparently "Ghost Recon Phantoms" is going to be released on Steam tomorrow.

Frankly, I am scared. Let's see how much they broke it. Good luck to us all.

*salutes flag
*stands at attention while the ship goes under
*listen to the band playing "Nearer, My God, To Thee"
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Will give the 'new' game a try, but I don't see that many of the core problems will have gone.

Then again, I told a friend I would 'reinstall Smite' a good couple months ago
and yet here we are
with Smite sitting on my harddrive, wondering if it will ever be updated
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Game's out.
I will try it.
But, given that on the day of the FUCKING LAUNCH its got THREE TWENTY POUND and ONE THIRTY POUND STARTER PACKS, it's very difficult to tell if I'll actually enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 8:11 pm

If by the 30£ Starter Pack you mean the "EU Squad Starter Pack", screw you England. Wink
30 £ = ~36 € according to WolframAlpha.

But. Because 30 £ also about equals $50, and Ubisoft cannot into conversions, the aforementioned starter pack costs 49,99€ , or 42£, because why fucking not.

What have we laughed.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 pm

Oh wow, I'm saving about £12 on seventy grenades, wonderful ^^
I played earlier with an IRL friend. While I do enjoy the core gameplay, and while the visual and audio changes are quite nice, we both agree that the P2W elements (my friend was shocked by money side of things after just a couple minutes browsing) and the people are the main problems.
By 'the people' I mean that everyone has adopted the playstyles that I witnessed when I first played almost two years ago; you know, camping at the back with your sniper rifle, spamming grenades, not bothering to push up.
There seems to just be something about the gameplay that encourages this kind of behaviour. Maybe it's a lack of incentive (despite the fact that capping=winning); I know not everyone here approves of League of Legends (PJ had made that clear Razz), but there's actual incentive there to play for objectives. If you blow up an enemy turret, everyone gets gold, everyone gets closer to their next shiny sword or magic wand, and in theory everyone *wants* to play to win the game rather than chasing kills. In reality this isn't even slightly true, but the thought is there. Whereas in GRO GRP, moving onto the capture point simply means you sacrifice your camping spot and people are close enough to throw grenades at you. It's either not clear to people that they need to push, or people don't feel it's worth it pushing. Ubisoft has made a game that is good at its core but is ruined by design choices and the players.

I will be playing GRP a bit more (maybe, I've got exams coming up), but I doubt I'll properly get back into it again :/
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 12:26 am

Well i can pick it up a bit more i guess. >< im just sad that my fav weapons no longer are that high in tire. then again maybe that is a good thing seeing how it suposedly lowers the MM for you.

read somewhere that the lvl limit is raised to 50btw

Edit, well 2 matches in a row today, and no disconnection. one major loss and one a draw.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Chertanovo [The Nukes] no longer sucks at C point! The point extends past the bridge so you can be safe from snipers or push up to the enemy side. All is good in the world.
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: New map   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:07 pm

For those who didn't yet notice in the steam announcements; Gallery (formerly Museum) is now online for general playing. This map is completely round and revolves around (see what I did there?) two spiral walkways flanked by 2 stairs which get you to the rooftop where the cap is located. Experience shows that backraping here is very satisfying and sniping the cap is challenging but since few people do so quite a nice plan.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Isnt that the one that got us horribly confused in that one clan match against GuD?

Anyway, I would think that this is a map with rather short distances, so ummm... tanky shotgun sounds like a good idea? Or maybe (yeah right, totally "may"be) oP90 WAR?
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:24 pm

Yes, that one Smile P90 works wonders but since it's also rather open you can snipe from multiple places. LMG's seem to be good at suppressing when you have captured the point and don't want the enemy to come near. on a sidenote, the aimbot is back ... problem had been tackled but now ...
sorry for the Top Gear on the background.

Last edited by Mortem6 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)   General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares) Empty

Back to top Go down

General Updates Thread (in case anyone cares)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next