Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

Število prispevkov : 396
Kraj : lappland

"JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" Empty
PostSubject: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 9:14 pm

patch notes

take a real close look at the ready times folks. thats insane
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 am

MY M960 IS NO LONGER BAD
I'm not sure what they did to it/the P90, but now it seems to beat the P90 in every way (after I've modded it, that is- even so, it still seems to win in DPS)

But yeah, those ready times are crazy. I think those are lower than they used to be before they did a big ready time nerf about a year ago :/ I think the argument is that 'run and gun isn't so bad if everyone can do it'- in the past things like the instaready PM5 were annoying because you couldn't pull your gun in time, but now you can do that with any gun, so it's less of a big deal... I guess.

TBH I quite like that SMGs got buffed in terms of their hit and run power, since you can't win in a straight up firefight with one of those (two Assault Rifle bullets kills a Recon x_x). Combined with the Cloak buff, Recons can now ACTUALLY FLANK WITHOUT BEING INSTAGIBBED. Unfortunately this will verrrrry quickly lead to the community yelling 'OP' that Recons can actually do the thing they were meant to do... but who cares Razz

And yes PJ, quick ready snipers are crazy, but who the hell is using a sniper while they're running? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:02 am

its not just snipers, its shotguns and lmg as well. not that they needed some love but this is more the dog humping your leg love.
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:10 am

This is madness o_0 Max ready time for SR went from 1.95s to 0.4s, now my bolt-action SR will be faster than the fastest AR/LMG used to be! As the change in ready-time is now only 0.1s between no mods and full mods (at least that's what they suggest in that table) grips and tripods have now way less tactical (dis)advantage. This will mean that on long stretches nobody is safe anymore since it takes me way less time to get my gun ready and stabilized again the times between two shots will become significantly smaller which means that I'm now able to also spray and pray more or less.

I do like the shotgun with shell can now also fire mid-reload. The NS2000 takes 3-4 seconds to reload, usually I spent that time clenching my buttocks hoping nobody would get near me, now I can sit back and blast the motherbleepers as long as I've got 1 or more shell in.

I also noticed they are talking about a Tier 8 SMG in the graph they show, have they introduced new weapons again?

I can't help but think this is inspired by the German Blitzkrieg on Brazil.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 2:40 pm

The new tier is only available in the Jungle pack ATM. The SMG has pretty good DPS from what I can see and AMAZING CONTROL (39- pretty high for a higher tier SMG) (Especially since it fires at over 1000rpm >.>)

I'm not sure if readytime=time for sniper scope to be stable, but the point that you can spray and pray more is definitely true. But as a sniper, surely you'd be using your pistol if someone was getting *ahem* up in your grill?
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Freedom, Freedom, my dear Freedom. Do you really think I would use a handgun for that which does perhaps 20 damage when I got a gun which does 50+ damage even if I just hit a foot and 100+ if I hit the body?

That does sound like a pretty stable gun, I think I'm currently at 34 on my AR when using a grip + extra stabilizing options such as nuzzle flash hider.

I also found that the time needed to deploy your device (not recharge but after pressing the activate button until it becomes active) remained the same. This means that your heat is now useless if you didn't activate it 2 seconds before you might even encounter an enemy since their ridiculously short ready time means you're out of the running before you can do anything. Especially with Blitz and Heat as these can be used to shield yourself but take a moment to deploy. Heat used to be my back-up plan to defend myself when people started coming at me at a closer range than my AR likes.
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 4:10 pm

i wonder whats on their mind. the change is just way to big for one go.

im trying in my head find sutiable likeness, and the ones i come up with are things like. using 10t c4 to level a small hut. or to blow up england because its a bit in the way. or... well you get the point
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:16 pm

Mortem, you can do 50-100 with a sniper rifle if you don't hit the head, but are you sure you can hit someone that close? Landing a shot from the hip with a sniper is pretty tricky and I know you run a 6x scope... I'm just wondering how well you can hit someone right in your face when sniper accuracy is so bad if you don't take a while to properly aim... Razz

To be honest I don't think the point of devices like HEAT is to get a cheeky run'n'gunner off your face Razz

As for what PJ said... apparently this is why they felt to make such drastic changes (from this http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/ghost-recon-phantoms/en-GB/community-news/index.aspx?c=tcm:21-152260-16&ct=tcm:6-231-32 ):

"Weapon Reactivity

For many new users with experience in other shooters, GRP sometimes feels too slow and unresponsive and loses its appeal for them. As a result, we decided to make several major changes to increasing reactivity."

To be honest, 'way back in the day', one of the appealing things about GRP was that it wasn't like other shooters. Ubisoft, again, is going for the approach that appeals to the masses at the expense of what set GRP apart. And while I like a fast paced shooter... I've got TF2, the Scout class and the Baby Face's Blaster. Running circles around y'all.

...where was I...

Oh yeah. The point is that GRP used to be a slower, tactical shooter: Ubisoft has removed that. Then again, it was somewhat rare that I saw strategy with this game. Most of the strategy was based around clever use of devices but a lot of the time there would be rock-paper-scissors situations (Scan counters Cloak, Blitz counters HEAT, Blackout counters... everything :/) that completely negated their strategy. Then there's the fact THAT NO ONE IN PUB GAMES UNDERSTANDS HOW TO USE A DEVICE LIKE JEEZ YOU PRESS F LAUNCH AEGIS AND WALK FORWARDS HOW HARD IS IT
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 6:52 pm

baby face blaster?

well, it would feel a bit faster and less unresponsive if they lessen the grind.

as a pro grinder for many many years i am a bit bored with games that gives me nothing. well i know its freetoplay, but the question is. if this game starts to look like everyother game on the market then it needs someting to realy stand out.

i mean think of it like this
Ubi: Look its faster! now here buy this weapon for *$£€
kid: daddy i want to play COD/battlefield instead!
Dad: Sure kiddo.

or someting....
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:25 pm

PJ wrote:

Ubi: Look its faster! now here buy this weapon for *$£€
kid: daddy i want to play COD/battlefield instead!

Ubi dun derp'd.

Whats the difference again between GRo and cowadoody or battlefield 17 or and other fcken mms that came out in the past 10 years? None no more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"   "JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES" Empty

Back to top Go down

"JOURNEY TO 1.2 – WEAPON CHANGES"
Page 1 of 1