Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Other free mmo that you play

Go down 
+3
FreedomTaker
Nastarovije
pjodron
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

Število prispevkov : 396
Kraj : lappland

Other free mmo that you play Empty
PostSubject: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:45 am

so, i am soon out of work for today. Just watching the clock tick. And thus i am bored. So im just asking if any of you play another free mmo than GRO.

I used to play WOT alot. (world of tanks) but it got to mutch elite for my taste. Been playing alot MWO and POE (mechwarrior online, Path of exile). Been playing a couple of others too but non that i can remeber the name of (horrible name memory).

As usualy when i am at work and bored i write this with my cellphone witch does not let me change line (you have an enter button, WORK dammit) will fix when i get to a computer.

Last edited by pjodron on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Yea I used to play MWo quite a bit - but not the new one, I mean the one that came out back in the day when 256x256px was considered ultra-über-high-resolution and the whole UI was optimized for 800 by 600 screens... try a Daichi with 6 RAC2 "rotary autocannons cal.2", just brrrrrt brrrrrt unleashing literally thousand's of bullets within seconds -- screw your reactive armour, ANYTHING dies to this. (six, because the Daichi is 100 ton heavy assault battle mech. It can and will carry 45 tons of weaponry if need be)
I still have the statistics about all the weapons in that game. Hand-written, listing damage, rate-of-fire, range, weight, heat output, damage-to-weight ratio, damage-to-heat ratio, damage per second, and damage per second divided by heat and weight and the whole thing multiplied by range.
Oh yeah, building your own custom weapon outfit for your 'mech, I spent days on that Laughing
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Nast... that game sounds amazing Shocked
Currently the only other MMO I play is Planetside 2, which I'm totally useless at :3
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:27 pm

correction, it's not MWo although it used to have online multiplayer.
It's actually MW4:Mercs.
Also, it's free. Get here. http://www.mektek.net/forums/forum/30-mechwarrior4-free-release/
Has literally hundreds of 'mechs, from 20-ton scouts to 100-ton "assault mech" leviathans - those tend to be more of a turret, but also they don't need to care about any other mech, you need like a 3v1 situation of heavy battle mechs to actually kill the lone one. Like "oh I just took multiple 15-inch artillery shells to my face, I don't give a fvck" - "oh they just dropped a nuke on me, now I am at 95% health"
(I am kidding you they don't actually have nukes)
By the way those weights are total. On the heaviest mechs you can mount maybe 50 tons of weapons without sacrificing too much armour or heat dissipation capacity (the latter being a very important factor on mechs that mount lasers or missiles), on a scout maybe 1 or 2 tons of weapons.

There are also "BattleArmour" things that are basically exoskeletons for humans with a ~500kg payload. They are actually a challenge to kill because they are so damn tiny (from the viewpoint of a 50 meters high, 80 tons heavy 'mech). Best thing to use against them are guided missiles, AoE high-calibre artillery, or just stomping on them... SPLAT

Mechs can also be upgraded with better radar, ECM gear, telescopes, jumpjets, all kinds of funky stuff....

You know what I think I am going to re-download this game and go check it out once more. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 pm

I tried to download the game but the downloads page doesn't exist apparently Sad It seems that the people who want to make it free are having troubles with Microsoft...
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Last edited by Nastarovije on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:00 pm

i remeber it was a hassle to get it down, as i am not at the main computer (on my laptop at my mothers) i cannot remeber how i did it.
however i dont think that they where having problem at the time i took it down. if i recall it correctly they had premission? but might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Ja they had permission back then - but that might have changed because of this new MWO, and because it's a Micro$oft product... stranger things have happend.
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 pm

are you sure? there was a mod for... emh........ alien thingys... invisible.... crysis was the name that i know was struck by... well some peoples wanted them to stop.

seems my mind is a bit fragmented tonight.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Well at some point - 2 or 3 years ago - Mechwarrior4:Mercenaries was a free game. This suprised me because it was, in fact, a mircrosoft product, and those are seldom free.

That might have changed though.

What I know is that today/"now", Mar28/13, around 8pm CET, at the links I posted earlier you can/could download a working version of MW4:Mercs - or at least the same files that I needed when I downloaded my working version back then.
Please take note that I only assume that this version is working because I have not tested it out yet - nor will I be able to in the next week, see "Leave of Absence" board for further information.

IF the weblinks I provided point to a website that is considered illegal in any reasonably near region, or in fact lead to content, of which the aquiration via said links or it's possession is illegal, I will remove those links ASAP, as soon as I am notified. I also allow the moderators of this forum to edit the post in question if they feel that the links are "illegal" as described above, and change it accordingly (within reasonable measure - change the links to "link removed by admin" or something like that).

The post in question was this one:
Nastarovije wrote:
Try this Link_1 that's the launcher.
And then you will need these 1.8 GB of game files Link_2 that might take a while Sleep

That being said, enjoy (if you can) MW4:Mercs, and of course GRO, and see you in a week!
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:10 am

This is what i found out from mektek (they handled the free mw4:m)

"Before you make a post on our forums regarding MechWarrior4 please read the following:

MekTek Studios version of MechWarrior4 was a free release provided with permission + license from Microsoft.

MekTek Studios is moving away from MechWarrior/BattleTech so we have been trying to support a new group of MechWarrior fans trying to bring MechWarrior4 back online.

Since Smith and Tinker went bankrupt and foreclosed - gaining permission from Microsoft has been challenging for the new group.

It does appear that the Free Release was well supported while Smith and Tinker existed but not so much nowadays. We've been told that this is a "money" issue.

Since both Piranha Games and Microsoft have not expressed any support for the free release - we are unsure when exactly anyone will be able to bring back MechWarrior4 legally."

edit
oyea i was also looking at planetside 2, but i never got to download it. then i saw total biscuits wtf ghost recon online and i went wtih that instead, and here i am.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Good decision Razz Planetside is really newbie-unfriendly, even more so than GRO.
Back to top Go down
Exadar
Wolf
Wolf

Število prispevkov : 29

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 am

Well it's not really an MMO but, as I mentioned in my introduction, I also play a lot of Dota 2 and its centered on online multiplayer matches so I guess that qualifies as well Smile . Right now I play more GRO I think but with time I believe that will balance each other out nicely and since I almost spent 1,4k hours on Dota 2 so far I don't think I will ever quit that game (except mby for Dota 3 Very Happy ).

Its not actually free yet, it requires a beta-invite but those are easy to get (got some myself if someone is interested) and once it is officialy out of beta it will be completely free. Some of you have probably heard of it (or its bad clone LoL) Smile

So yeah, I can highly recommend it if you are into action real time strategy games /moba games (I hate that name^^), it is however not all that newbie-friendly and people there are not very forgiving most of the time and will start to flame very quickly if things don't go the way they should. It's also on the rise as a big esports-title wich I'm also kinda into (watched plenty of SC2 some time ago and now I watch all kinds of Dota 2 tourneys), so thats a bonus as well Smile

Just wanted to throw this out there since it's the game I love playing the most since I got into Dota 1 about 6 years ago.

Also I wanted to start to get a bit more active on the forum in the process so this is as good as a thread as any for that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:41 am

i have watched total biscuit play alot of dota2. Thats why i asked my friend for a key
i got an invite to dota from a friend. Installed the game and booted it up.and then i never played it again. Think that was a couple of month ago.
Sinch all of my friends plays lol i never actualy get the curage to play it.

i hate lol with all my heart tough. Becuase that is all i hear from my friends, sorry I am playing lol. i feel the same burning hate for diablo 2.

Last edited by pjodron on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 pm

I booted up Dota 2 once, looked at the menu screen, got a little scared and closed it Razz But since they've added a tutorial, I suppose I could give it a go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:52 pm

I've watched totalbiscuit play Dota2. That's why I never tried it Very Happy looks funny enough but seems to have a large element of strategy and stuff ("oh I play MrBigAwesomeThing - I guess I should be defensive on bottom lane" ...wat?why?how? I don't even...) and "strategy and stuff" is not my thing. Not at all. My strategy is "make more units than the other team and walk over them chinese army -style". ...which doesn't work in Dota. ...afaik.
Back to top Go down
Exadar
Wolf
Wolf

Število prispevkov : 29

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Hmm, as long as you don't play a premade 5v5 with a set team its not all that strategical, it's surprisingly similar to GRO in that aspect, 3 lanes (most maps in GRO have "lanes" as well, even though it isn't all that apparent) and you have to try to play together as best as possible.
For pubs the main thing is to know your heroes abilitys and the enemys heroes abilitys and the items in the game, other then that its mostly mechanics, reactions and mapawareness. The strategy comes way way later down the road when you get better at it.

I also watch Totalbiscuits videos (thats how I ended up here, saw GRO on his WTF is...) and I allways cringe when he plays Dota 2 and overthinks the situation (he does that a lot) or when he just talks/does such bullshit at times but its fun anyway most of the time Smile
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 am

now that the NDA has lifted i might add that i also play WoWp (world of warplanes). Litlle anyway, i manage to dig up my joystick but it took me 2 days of searching. I used to play simulations and spacegames alot and thus i bought the joystick. Almost never used it tough, even tough i like it. # tobad that WoWp was not as great as i hoped. I have to set my trust into WoWs (not sure that is the name tough) but they better get that right. I have many hours into warshipgunner 2, warship commander (all for ps2) and i would..... Well not play their games if they are bad # pretty weak threath there i feel...
Back to top Go down
super3deffect
Wolf
Wolf
super3deffect

Število prispevkov : 48
Kraj : India (did u know sanskrit google it)

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 am

right now i am playing warframe, and GRO nd well no other game playing..
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

warframe? I think TB (total biscuit) had a wtf on that. Its on steam right? I shall se what it is this weekend if i get the time.
Back to top Go down
super3deffect
Wolf
Wolf
super3deffect

Število prispevkov : 48
Kraj : India (did u know sanskrit google it)

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 am

Well its a really nice game..well i played it nd i think i like it..give a try to this game
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:35 pm

i get a slight vibe of Rengoku when i play that game.
however it is to early to say if i find it bad or good just yet.

i have to ask
do you know that your "and" seems to be missing an "a"?
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:53 am

its not a mmo however its free, and its hard.
i havent so far survirved a whole year and i have been playing for over 10 years now.

have fun
http://www.unrealworld.fi/
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:37 am

It's an older game but always fun, we should really play a team game there once ....

TEAM FORTRESS II

I haven't played it in 2 months or so, but I always had fun, even though I was crap at times. So much fun to see the enemy running around and throwing jars of piss at themselves to put the fire out. The creative mind behind that game is epic.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 10:08 pm

It's always fun to throw piss at the Pyros, then insta-kill them with your Bushwacka.

I used to have TF2 parties with my friends. There would be about six to a dozen of us, and we would either play MvM (sometimes playing properly, other times being silly (and some people were just useless all around >.>)) or just go on cp_orange_x3 and be silly there.

We should definitely do something like that at some point ^^

Also, I'm not sure if anyone's posted it, but Planetside 2 is immense fun once you get over that initial difficulty bump. It starts off with you being very confused and very outgunned, but once you work out what the fuck you are doing, it's very enjoyable ^^

https://www.planetside2.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other free mmo that you play   Other free mmo that you play Empty

Back to top Go down

Other free mmo that you play
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Wolf Squad :: Clan Area :: Spam and Games-
Jump to: