Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regular Clan Training

Go down 
+2
refusword
Nastarovije
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

Regular Clan Training Empty
PostSubject: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyMon May 13, 2013 10:26 pm

I think we have talked about this before, and of course it is obvious that playing in a team is much more fun than playing in random matches. The problem is, of course, finding a common date where we all can participate, maybe even something that can be put onto a weeks plan like a regular item, a clan-organised training/playing.
There is this internet thing called doodle which addresses the exact problem - finding a date when everyone has time.

This is the link to a "poll" I set up there:
http://doodle.com/t4yi4tsmvpdtccm8
You may need to "fold open" the thing - if you can't see all days, click on the part where it looks folded up.

This should lead you to a page where you can enter your name and tick the times when you have time. Ultimately, it should spit out a time and day where we could all play at the same time, which would be awesome.

Note 1:
It says Mon 20 through Sun 26 of May 2013. This is just the example timing - of course training would be weekly.

Note 2:
This is on GMT+1 Berlin time. Our friends in Britain, eastern Europe and India should keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

Število prispevkov : 28

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Great job Nas! Finally somebody made the effort to get this thing forward Smile

PS. Some of us are not from Brittain, India or eastern Europe Wink
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Very Happy for example me... I am not from Britain, India or eastern Europe Very Happy also I am a nitpicker Very Happy
That was just all I could remember where we had people from - and my memory is famous for it's holes...
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

Število prispevkov : 396
Kraj : lappland

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:13 pm

well. We are going forward. True its in a discorhorted and random way, but with big hearts and lots of grit and blood
Back to top Go down
KRAN
Wolf
Wolf
KRAN

Število prispevkov : 6
Kraj : Hungary

PostSubject: problem   Regular Clan Training EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:23 pm

sorry but im never sure about my freetime so i cant choose my days on the calendar
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:48 pm

There's currently a tie for saturday and sunday nights.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:05 pm

I think the poll has been open long enough for the moment. As Mortem mentioned, Saturday and Sunday nights are tied right now, with 5 persons favouring Sat 10-12 GMT+1, then 5 voting Sun 8-10, and 5 rooting for Sun 10-12.

I suggest we make

Sundays 8-12pm primary training time
and
Saturdays 10+ pm secondary training time.

Let's try to show up at each if we can, and at one per week at last.

Sound good?
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySat May 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Wait... 8-12pm on a Sunday? Does '12pm' mean midnight or midday? Because it's unlikely I could play from after 9pm on a Sunday, let alone until midnight... :/

*Realises the Sunday one is meant to include him*
*Feels a bit sad*

Of course, if we're all online before official training time, we could just play then, right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Quote :
Does '12pm' mean midnight or midday?
Really? C'mon, didn't you guys invent that kind of measuring the time?
PM like past midday in latin, AM like ante meridian or something.
12 means 24:00, also known as late in the evening - which is probably 2am Monday morning in your place. I am beginning to see your problem.
Yeah you brits are really in an arkward spot on the very western edge of europe - but then, as you said, it's not that you are required to be offline until training starts Wink
Also, in case there is something some of us have to do on monday mornings, and thus can't (or shouldn't) play sunday evenings, that's why we have a secondary training time set up on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:54 am

As long as there is no "must"
belive me, i have been down that "must" road and its not a happy one.

if its not fun, then whats the point in doing it?
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Yeah I know. That's why I wrote "let's try to..." etc.
Anyway, how am I supposed to force you to come? It's unlikely that I'll show up at your doorstep and punch you in the face or something... Wink
Apart from giving us a time where it is very likely that we can play in a large fireteam, this is more meant to present a regular item to put into an overly crowded calendar - if I write "EWS training" there, it's unsuspicious, it kinda looks like sports or gymnastics... how would it look if I wrote "play video games" on there? Very Happy

Fun fact. EWS is actually the information distribution system of my university, it means "electronic work space"... also, "Elizabeth Woodville Secondary Academy in Northamptonshire", "E.W.S. (Engineering Work Store)", "EWS European Women and Sport" www.ews-online.org, www.ews-solarpower.co.uk, www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EWS_Arena, Expeditionary Warfare School (EWS) - The Marine Corps University... and lots of other stuff Very Happy
It could really mean anything...

Also, before anyone gets excited, I am fully aware of the innuendo in the second line, first sentence. I do this on purpose. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:13 pm

well there are ways, pictues are the most common one..

anyway

first try was in my mind successfull even if we were beaten to a pulp.
never seen so many clanmemers in one go, ever saw some i havent met before.
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:58 pm

It was good to get a lot of us online at the same time but it would be great if we could agree a training against a clan of similar skill level than us. Though looking at how last time went I'm not sure there are a lot of Clans worse than us Very Happy Arranging this beforehand would also cut down on the waiting and general downtime.

Nonetheless I had fun and next time I'll hook up my mic for better communication Cool
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyMon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm

i have met them before. its not us that are bad its them that are good.
not to mention that its highly annoying to meet peoples running around with 30lvl gear.
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:05 pm

pjodron wrote:
i have met them before. its not us that are bad its them that are good.
not to mention that its highly annoying to meet peoples running around with 30lvl gear.

I can't really fault people for running in lvl30 gear as once I get to lvl30 I'll be running around with the same gear as they are now. And even though at the moment I still have a crappy armor and Sar21-C as my primary weapon I could still more than hold my own against those guys. As long as one isn't running around with the default weapons it comes down to skill more than gear. Though better gear wouldn't hurt either Very Happy

It's obvious that we would really need to develop team work before we could really challenge those guys...
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySat May 25, 2013 10:42 am

Due to having a week off school next week (whoo!), I can now make the Sunday training Very Happy

Also, since there will be five of us tonight (hopefully), how are we going to arrange fireteams? A group of three and a group of two? If so, I suggest that we find some way to synchronise our searches (perhaps using Raidcall for once Razz). I was in one of two GUD fireteams doing this once, and in total there were seven of us; the leaders of each fireteam clicked Search at the same time (talking over TeamSpeak) and we ended up in several matches of six GUD members and one EWS member. Admittedly we lost a couple of matches, but the point is that we can play with five people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Well it seems to have worked (sometimes, and sort of). Shooting Mortem feels great. (Not as great as shooting FT though, sorry Mortem)

Also, walking over the other team with 7 guys is quite the fun - wonder how the eighth guy felt, all alone with EWS people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Nastarovije wrote:
Well it seems to have worked (sometimes, and sort of). Shooting Mortem feels great. (Not as great as shooting FT though, sorry Mortem)

Also, walking over the other team with 7 guys is quite the fun - wonder how the eighth guy felt, all alone with EWS people Very Happy
Were 6 of us, so 2 others, and they didn't seem all that bothered, at least didn't show it. Shooting FT was always fun, so I get your point Razz Plus he's a veteran, better trained and knows a shitload of stuff about this game that I can't even be bothered to look into Razz.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Ah yes, but what you're forgetting is that I'm a complete and total idiot. I'm fairly sure I told you that when I signed up on this forum...
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Mortem6 wrote:
Plus [FreedomTaker] is a veteran, better trained and knows a shitload of stuff about this game that I can't even be bothered to look into Razz.
You forgot to mention he's so bloody modest...
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm sorry, but I'm generally terrible at things so when I do something well I feel the need to brag :3
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:13 pm

You brought this one on yourself mate...

I have not yet heard you brag - what does that say about your gameplay?

(I am just kidding/teasing and you know that - right?)
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:18 pm

I know, but it's still true Razz There was a time when I was great at this game. I would run around with cloak, basically in a figure of eight on Markov, shooting the sh*t out of people with my PP2000. In my earlier EWS days I could actually snipe, as opposed to firing, missing, then getting shot.

Also, in my last post I (for some reason) forgot what modest meant, and thought you meant I bragged a lot... I can English, I swear!
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:04 pm

That's what I call "Columbus syndrome"... when in doubt, assume the opposite. Search for something of which you know exactely where it is, do a 180 and check out the other end of the world first, just to be sure Very Happy

Also, as in any competitive shooter, in GRO, experience counts. Experience as in knowing the maps, knowing the "good spots". And that you only get by playing a long time.
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:30 am

its not how hard you can bite. Its knowing were to bite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular Clan Training   Regular Clan Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Regular Clan Training
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next