Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A trip to a weird country... I mean France!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

A trip to a weird country... I mean France! Empty
PostSubject: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 6:39 pm

As the title says and I think one of you knows, I'm going to France this week, from Thursday (9/5/13) to Monday (13/5/13) as part of a French trip. I'll probably take some pictures and if they're remotely interesting I'll post them here ^^

Of course, this does mean that I get even LESS time to play than usual, as I'll be gone over Friday and the weekend. If I'm online on Monday I shouldn't be on any later than 9pm, but if I'm tired I'll probably just go to bed :/

But good luck without me ^^
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Do enjoy your trip! Where in France will you be heading? And pictures sound nice, make me jealous, little one, make me jealous.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 7:27 pm

We're just going to Paris. The thing about pictures is that uploading ones with people in them requires me getting their permission and... that means going out of my way to ask people. And even if I do ask them, it may sound a bit weird if I say 'Hey, is it OK if I put your picture on the internet for random people to see?' (No offence, you guys are awesome, but you technically are random people)

But if I do take generic pictures of the Eiffel Tower etc., I'll upload them Smile
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Just give them the pictures you take - if they upload them to facebook, they will void all rights in them, so you should be able to upload the pics no problem Wink lol laws.

Enjoy Paris anyway - be sure to check out Montmatre, (thats the quartier next to that big church Sacre-coeur ("holy heart")), there are very good restaurants there. Also, an Irish Pub. And also, painters.

Oh, and go to a café and have a "diabolo" - it's a syrup-ish drink thingy (no alcohol iirc - my parents bought me one at age 15) it just looks and tastes funny. They come in "diabolo citron", "diabolo mint" and a red one but I forgot the name - my french skills have degraded since leaving school...

Darn I am jealous - I freaking love Paris.
It may just be me but every time I been there, the women there looked prettier than other places... it might just be french women in general, err, I mean, "en général". Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:54 pm

TBH I don't think I would enjoy your fancier food suggestions- I've been brought up eating unhealthy and generally not-classy foods (I even had a McDonald's for dinner). Fortunately our teacher has assured us that we'll be going to places where I will be able to gorge on un-French things.

And if you were wondering, yes, I do act like this whenever I'm given the opportunity to experience new cultures. *Sigh*
Back to top Go down
pjodron
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
pjodron

Število prispevkov : 396
Kraj : lappland

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:11 pm

damn you! >< a bit more exciting that me going to my cabin.
i have never tasted a mcdonald before, the hate between uk and scottland must be great if you are eating each others.

...... i wish i could travle again, was quite some time ago now.
but there is the cash question and i hate hate HATE sun vacations. im the definition of neo white! peoples see me and go, damn and then they put on their sunglasses!
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Are you serious?! Wink

that's like visiting Scotland and not trying a whisky
that's like visiting Mortem and not trying to buy drugs
that's like visiting me and not trying our beer

that's like going to McDonalds for a healthy salad

I quite remember my last trip to Paris with my french class - the teacher was handing out the métro tickets and was like "ok, I'll leave you now - have fun"... almost everyone was shocked, because, he was just leaving them alone. So I turned around and took a train and they were trying to hold me back 'cause they thought it was a bad joke from the teacher. It wasn't... some of them looked ridiculously helpless, alone in a strange city... and one of the more confident guys (me) was also en train of leaving them... well, I had a good day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:54 pm

In regards to your comment about visiting you: I'm actually going to Berlin later this year for a History trip, so I'll see if I can negotiate drinking alcohol with my teachers (I'm kidding (possibly)).

And in regards to your comment about McDonalds and healthy salads, I believe in France you are given a salad with most restaurant meals. Ah, the French...

Oh, and I think we're splitting up, at least into smaller groups (we have to be in groups of at least three in case of emergency). And with any luck I won't get lost in Paris.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:36 pm

You won't get lost eh?
How about your French? Tu sais le parler?
And wie steht's mit deinem Deutsch? Das wirst du brauchen in Berlin Wink

Anyway, I don't even live close to Berlin - like, 500 Km away, I guess.
Also, completely unrelated to whether your teachers allow you to order beer or not, you won't get served any unless you convincingly proove you are over 16 or maybe even over 18, not sure - I am old enough anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A trip to a weird country... I mean France!   A trip to a weird country... I mean France! Empty

Back to top Go down

A trip to a weird country... I mean France!
Page 1 of 1