Elite Wolf Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Wolf Squad

Elite Wolf Squad is a Ghost Recon Online clan

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Voice chat: Raidcall groups

Go down 
+2
refusword
FreedomTaker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

Število prispevkov : 429
Kraj : England

Voice chat: Raidcall groups Empty
PostSubject: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 pm

I think Skype does allow group voice calls for free (unless me and my friends have been using a trial for the last few months), but it can all get a bit confusing when EVERYONE is talking at once.

ADMIN NOTICE: This topic used to be part of Clan war availability and has been split off at February 24th 2013 around 16.30 GMT.
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

Število prispevkov : 28

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:37 pm

I think skype is really bad for voice chat in gaming... It takes a lot of processing power and I think it's not really that handy. I'd recommend Raidcall or Teamspeak (teamspeak is much more popular). I've also heard a lot of good things about Vivoc C3. I'd think all of these would be way superior to Skype in every single aspect.

And as for the mic part my mic died on me 3-4 weeks ago so atm I don't have one but I can definitely get one... Voice chat will help tremendously in this game and as I haven't used voiced chat in a long long time in any game it would be fun to give it a go cheers
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:18 pm

The problem with Teamspeak is that you have to pay for the server after about a month.
As for the others you've mentioned, they could work, but I don't know if they're free... or anything about them :3
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:36 pm

FreedomTaker wrote:
The problem with Teamspeak is that you have to pay for the server after about a month.
As for the others you've mentioned, they could work, but I don't know if they're free... or anything about them :3
Both of the other options should be totally free... I know for a fact that Raidcall is 100% free.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 pm

Cool Very Happy I'll look into that then.
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

Število prispevkov : 345
Kraj : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Eventhough the processing power skype uses won't prove a problem to me, I just looked into RaidCall, but I'm willing to adapt if that works better for you all. You have to be 13 or over to use it so I guess we're lucky Wink Use the same account name as on here.

PS. Congrats on becoming a veteran, Freedom Smile
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:33 am

Thanks Mortem Very Happy
I'll probably get Raidcall too (well, I definitely will).
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 pm

I can't really say skype slows the game down, at least not for me. A few days ago, I have been playing (I think with FT on Balaklava, actually) and at the same time I was (voice-)skyping with my sister, albeit a bit distracted obviously. But I have been in fact sharing my main screen with her, as in "playing and at the same time uploading every single frame" so she could watch me getting shot - in such a quality that she could read (and comment on) the in-game chat. The game was running smoothly and my rig didn't sound particularly strained, CPU/GPU temps, fan rates and CPU/RAM usage were in the normal ranges.

About the other options, I have heard of but never actually worked with TS, the others sound unknown to me, but I guess I can figure them out - I'm kinda good with computers
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Nastarovije wrote:
I can't really say skype slows the game down, at least not for me. A few days ago, I have been playing (I think with FT on Balaklava, actually) and at the same time I was (voice-)skyping with my sister, albeit a bit distracted obviously. But I have been in fact sharing my main screen with her, as in "playing and at the same time uploading every single frame" so she could watch me getting shot - in such a quality that she could read (and comment on) the in-game chat. The game was running smoothly and my rig didn't sound particularly strained, CPU/GPU temps, fan rates and CPU/RAM usage were in the normal ranges.

About the other options, I have heard of but never actually worked with TS, the others sound unknown to me, but I guess I can figure them out - I'm kinda good with computers
The problem with skype is that there tends to be a bit of delay in communication... It's not as smooth especially with the group chat option. Plus I'm pretty sure that there is a some sort of limit on group chat option for the free skype. At least once I've had a long group chat cut off by skype and got a message that I should buy skype pro or something to fully use the group chat... Dunno if this has changed though.
Back to top Go down
Nastarovije
Elite Wolf
Elite Wolf
Nastarovije

Število prispevkov : 212
Kraj : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Oh I see. Raidcall it is then, I guess...

Addenum:
Ok I think I got Raidcall figured out. Do we have any kind of "group" (that's what it's called there) already for GRO?
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Nastarovije wrote:
Oh I see. Raidcall it is then, I guess...

Addenum:
Ok I think I got Raidcall figured out. Do we have any kind of "group" (that's what it's called there) already for GRO?

As far as I know not yet, I will be working on that later today (not really something to do while in a train uh? Wink
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

PostSubject: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 pm

I just created 2 raidcall groups for you to join.

One is for communicating in-game and can be used for firegroups and clan war alike. http://www.raidcall.com/go.php?sid=5751440
One is for just chatting with friends, this does not have to be game-related and can be used as back-up if there are 2 clan firegroups at once. http://www.raidcall.com/go.php?sid=5751453

Groups are hidden so you have to use these URL's to find them.
Leave a message here if you applied and with which username you did so, I have to approve your application afterwards.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:18 pm

I seem to be having trouble joining a group via those links. It says I don't have Raidcall installed- is it just saying that because the group is private?

Anyways, if that's the reason, my username is FreedomTaker.
It always is. It always will be.
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 pm

FreedomTaker wrote:
I seem to be having trouble joining a group via those links. It says I don't have Raidcall installed- is it just saying that because the group is private?

Anyways, if that's the reason, my username is FreedomTaker.
It always is. It always will be.

If that's the case you can also manually add the groups by searching for their ID (5751440 and 5751453) and applying then. I added you as a contact there but you have to apply to the group yourself, I can't add you myself or so it seems.
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 pm

I've fixed the problems I've been having. Ignore any bitching you may have seen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:53 am

I'll be a bit busy for the a while now but I'll try to get some playing time at some point. Right now I have an exam tomorrow so today will be all about studying... Then I'll have to finnish my bachelors thesis in the upcoming week so that'll take time as well. On top of this I need to order a new mic&headset combo to really test out raidcall... Hopefully things will ease a bit so I'll get to play a bit of GRO as well Smile
Back to top Go down
FreedomTaker
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
FreedomTaker

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:04 pm

I hope so too Razz Good luck in your exam!
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Best of luck with your exam, What is your thesis about?
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:09 am

I'm doing my thesis of the about the windfall profits associated with the EU-ETS (European emission trading scheme). So in essence it's about how much the energy sector has been subsidized via the emission trading scheme.
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:46 am

Best of luck with that, can't imagine there to be a lot of scientific literature about the subject. When's the hand-in date?
Back to top Go down
refusword
Wolf
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:24 pm

I need to return it by the end of march... Hopefully I'll get it finished before that. I now have a week off from Uni so I should have a week of 100% concentration on the topic. And yes, all I've done today is play GRO Laughing
Back to top Go down
Accuser
Wolf
Wolf

Število prispevkov : 21

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:18 pm

i have applyd to raidcall AccuserCro
Back to top Go down
Mortem6
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mortem6

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 am

Accepted you on the main group, you didn't apply for the funchat yet as far as I could see.
Back to top Go down
Accuser
Wolf
Wolf

Število prispevkov : 21

PostSubject: so i will   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:46 pm

i will just a min Very Happy
Back to top Go down
super3deffect
Wolf
Wolf
super3deffect

Število prispevkov : 48
Kraj : India (did u know sanskrit google it)

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:52 am

well now i buy a new headphones for chat ...i hope we will chat on game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat: Raidcall groups   Voice chat: Raidcall groups Empty

Back to top Go down

Voice chat: Raidcall groups
Page 1 of 1